About the event
Hosted by the YJB, the Youth Justice Convention is the annual event for all those working in the youth justice system, welcoming 500+ delegates, 50+ speakers, 20+ exhibitors from across the country.
“The Convention is a fantastic opportunity for colleagues to come together to network, share best practice and explore ways that we can make a difference to children in the youth justice system.” Colin Allars, YJB, Chief Executive
Last year witnessed:
70+ speakers joined us at the 2019 Convention including:
- Luke Ambler, former professional rugby player, dad, entrepreneur, awardwinning mental health campaigner, charity chairman and motivational speaker
- Detective Superintendent Stan Gilmore, Head of Protecting Vulnerable People, Thames Valley Police
- Donna Molloy, Director of Policy and Practice, The Early Intervention Foundation
- Gerry Wareham, Deputy Chief Crown Prosecutor, Crown Prosecution Service
- Rachel Dickinson, President, Association of Directors of Children’s Services
- Linda Logan, Chair of Youth Courts Committee, Magistrates’ Association
- Lib Peck, Director, Violence Reduction Unit, Mayor of London
- Temi Mwale, Managing Director, The 4Front Project Ltd
- Bobby Kasanga, Founder, Hackney Wick FC
- Charlie Taylor, Chair, YJB
With 25+ unique content session, some of the key topics covered at the Convention included:
- Fresh perspectives: hear from children and young people who are improving the system
- Children’s social media use as a driver for youth violence and offending
- Knife Crime Prevention Orders - what would a successful pilot look like?
- How do we reduce disproportionately in the criminal justice system?
- Tackling criminal exploitation early, through the use of analytics
- County lines: tackling organised crime and criminal exploitation
- Beyond Criminal Records - “Nothing stops a bullet like a job”
- Out of court disposal - challenges and promising practice
- Serious youth violence: a multi-agency approach
- Developing trauma informed practices
Sponsorship and exhibition:
Discover how you can exhibit or speak at the event clicking on the button below:
Heads of Education - Heads of Community Safety - Heads of Service - Heads of Youth Justice - Heads of Youth Offending Service - Managing Directors - Operational Managers - Resettlement Managers - Restorative Justice Managers - Service Managers - Team Managers - YOS Managers - YOT Managers - Youth Facilitators - Youth Justice Officers
- Dods is a registered Continuing Professional Development provider. For more information on the CPD, please click here.